www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: /dist URL
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 02:40:20 GMT
I haven't mirrored the apache site for a couple of months due to bandwidth
problems but i'm only going under the assumption that the /dist/ is part of
the apache-site rsync module

Am I right in assuming this or am I way off the mark anyone ?

Please note I am not a member of the apache group, just someone who
maintains the mirror list and points out possible problems with sites to
their administrators.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Devendra Narayan [mailto:narayan@cc.kagu.sut.ac.jp]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:47 PM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Re: /dist URL

Andrew Kenna wrote:

> the /dist/ is appended to all apache mirrors listed on the web site. Are
you
> guys mirroring the /dist/ portion of the apache web site ?

According to the 'how-to-mirror' page (
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html )
and the list of rsync modules at dev.apache.org :
	apache-site     Apache WWW Site  <--- 1
	apache-dist     Apache software distribution  <--- 2

	I have, for many years now, placed the WWW site ( 1 above ) under my
htdocs tree ( http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/apache/ ) and the software
distribution ( 2 above )
under my ftp tree at ( ftp://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/archives/www/apache/  ).
And these are
the URLs that are listed on the mirrors page. The ftp URL is correct but the
http URL
displays http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/apache/ on the mirrors page but
'internally' points
to http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/apache/dist/

	I fail to see what am I doing wrong !! Someone on the Apache group
has to
correct this 'inconsistency'  as well as provide the right files via rsync
:-(

[ FYI : SunSITE Japan is one of the oldest ftp/web servers - mirroring NCSA
httpd and
later Apache since 1993 ]

Devendra Narayan
Senior Engineer, Information Systems Division,
Science University of Tokyo,

"Computers can never replace human stupidity"