www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Mirror Scrub Time
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:46:32 GMT
the permissions problems from what i've read are associated with the
apache.org servers, but obviously the guys are flat out at the moment
because of the recent break in so i'd give it a couple of weeks before they
would look at them

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Boyd [mailto:dboyd@cal.montage.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 1:30 AM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Mirror Scrub Time

John Donagher wrote:

> Should be taken care of (for now). Please note, that nightly updates were
and
> are continuing to run; however this message was showing up in my logs:
>
> receiving file list ... opendir(bugs): Permission denied
> done
> IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
> wrote 89 bytes  read 41768 bytes  27904.67 bytes/sec
> total size is 579333209  speedup is 13840.77

http://apache.cal.montage.ca/ is receiving similar errors, except on
binaries...

IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
send_files failed to open
dist/httpd/binaries/aix/apache_1.3.19-000831214C00-ibm
-aix4.3.README: Permission denied

There are about 20 of these messages, all under .../binaries/aix/

So, I added "--exclude binaries" to the command and then got this...

receiving file list ... opendir(bugs): Permission denied
done
IO error encountered - skipping file deletion

So, I added "--exclude bugs" to the command (the "--exclude binaries"
was left in the command, and got this...

receiving file list ... done
wrote 117 bytes  read 30181 bytes  20198.67 bytes/sec
total size is 284177740  speedup is 9379.42

It appears now that the site is up to date (excepet for the items that I
had to exclude).

Are these problems on my end?  Is there something I should be doing to
avoid these "IO errors?"  Please excuse my inexperience with rsync :).

Thanks,
Darren