www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Mirror Scrub Time
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:41:35 GMT
I've made my offer of assistance know to Brian the guy who posted the
message on the web site regarding the break in.

I'm just waiting on them to say yes we will accept your help or no we won't
we can handle it.

Regards

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: jason andrade [mailto:jason@dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 7:54 AM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Mirror Scrub Time

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Darren Boyd wrote:

rsync has some error checking and will not delete *any* files, unless
you specify --force-delete (bad idea) if it detects what it sees as
"problems".

you should specifically exclude the bugs area (it has had those permissions
for more than a year now)

i have asked a few days ago for the aix binaries permissions to be changed
but i can't remember if there was a response.  if you exclude them now, you
might need to `undo' the exclude later when its fixed, to maintain a
complete
mirror.

with the recent breakins at sf/ao and "real world" work, i figure the
apache.org people are swamped.  i am not sure what we can do to help them
though.

regards,

-jason