www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Mirror Scrub Time
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 05:41:00 GMT
Ok no worries, the main purpose behind these emails is to make
administrators aware if there any potentional problems as know people do
more than look after their mirror sites.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: John Donagher [mailto:john@webmeta.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 3:46 AM
To: 'mirrors@apache.org'
Subject: Re: Mirror Scrub Time

> http://apache.webmeta.com/dist/

Should be taken care of (for now). Please note, that nightly updates were
and
are continuing to run; however this message was showing up in my logs:

receiving file list ... opendir(bugs): Permission denied
done
IO error encountered - skipping file deletion
wrote 89 bytes  read 41768 bytes  27904.67 bytes/sec
total size is 579333209  speedup is 13840.77

This was stopping the rsync prematurely. The "bugs" directory is chmod'd to
020, oddly enough. I removed it, ran rsync again, and the directory was
recreated, with the same mode. I had to run rsync with the --exclude "bugs"
argument in order for it to finish correctly.

John

--

John Donagher
Application Engineer

Public key available off http://www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint = 4024 DF50 56EE 19A3 258A  D628 22DE AD56 EEBE 8DDD