www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: Another Suggestion
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 04:28:22 GMT
sounds fair enough, kinda what you have setup for planetmirror. you can
either mirror the lot or only specific archives..

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: jason andrade [mailto:jason@dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 2:37 PM
To: 'mirrors@apache.org'
Subject: RE: Another Suggestion

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> yeah i know, I just want to get the thoughts from the apache guys who
> maintain the servers mainly ask and Brian as these are the people that
need
> to make the necessary alterations

i was actually pretty happy with the way it "used" to be.  it appears
to have outgrown that in that there are now a lot of sub projects
and the apache web server is no longer the "primary" project - it is
a sub project under the whole apache group (including jakarta, etc).

with that in mind, i am happy to have one rsync share for the
apache dist area (source and binaries) [which is what exists now]
and a separate area which is just the web pages, so that people
can go to a local mirror of httpd.apache.org here.

-jason