www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Devendra Narayan <nara...@cc.kagu.sut.ac.jp>
Subject Re: /dist URL
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 02:46:48 GMT
Andrew Kenna wrote:

> the /dist/ is appended to all apache mirrors listed on the web site. Are you
> guys mirroring the /dist/ portion of the apache web site ?

According to the 'how-to-mirror' page ( http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html )
and the list of rsync modules at dev.apache.org :
	apache-site     Apache WWW Site  <--- 1
	apache-dist     Apache software distribution  <--- 2

	I have, for many years now, placed the WWW site ( 1 above ) under my
htdocs tree ( http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/apache/ ) and the software distribution ( 2 above
)
under my ftp tree at ( ftp://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/archives/www/apache/  ). And these are
the URLs that are listed on the mirrors page. The ftp URL is correct but the http URL
displays http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/apache/ on the mirrors page but 'internally' points
to http://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/pub/apache/dist/

	I fail to see what am I doing wrong !! Someone on the Apache group has to
correct this 'inconsistency'  as well as provide the right files via rsync  :-(

[ FYI : SunSITE Japan is one of the oldest ftp/web servers - mirroring NCSA httpd and
later Apache since 1993 ]

Devendra Narayan
Senior Engineer, Information Systems Division,
Science University of Tokyo,

"Computers can never replace human stupidity"