www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: [qmirror] dev.apache.org = DEAD again ???
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 22:38:31 GMT
Ah ok no worries... I've always been using dev.apache.org because thats what
it says on the howto mirror web page..

Thanks

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: jason andrade [mailto:jason@dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 8:45 AM
To: 'mirrors@apache.org'
Subject: Re: [qmirror] dev.apache.org = DEAD again ???

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Andrew Kenna wrote:

> This is what happens when I tried to mirror this morning
>
> [root@kenny cron.daily]# rsync -rtlzv --delete --exclude incoming
--exclude
> old dev.apache.org:apache-site ~mirror/apache
> dev.apache.org: Connection refused
> unexpected EOF in read_timeout

checking a number of things (it looks up to me)

dev.apache.org appears to be exactle the same as ftp.apache.org,
www.apache.org
etc.

shouldn't you be using

ftp.apache.org::apache-site

not

dev.apache.org:apache-site

also,

i'd recommend the trailing /s and absolute paths, e.g

dev.apache.org::apache-site/ /path/to/your/mirror/apache/

lastly, still no work (Ask?) from anyone at apache about when
the httpd server web pages will be available to be mirrored.  am
i missing something ?  the deafening silence to this is a bit
sad.

-jason