www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: [qmirror] minimal Apache requirements for current Apache mirror
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:02:05 GMT
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> Hi there colleagues,
>
> what are the requirements with the version and settings of Apache for
> holding Apache mirror? I've got at least one error now: selecting docs
> does not autoselect languageed index and lead me to ftp-like directory

you need to have SSI - server side includes.

you need to make sure you actually turn it on in that virtual server.

have a look at options and make sure you have IncludesNoExec

> ... also, link to Apache Server at the first page still pointing to
> httpd.apache.org, not to the httpd.html in the local tree... :(

i currently use perl to rewrite this after a mirror.  i am thinking
of playing with either RedirectPermanent or actually using the rewrite
module to look for URLs like that and re-map them into my space.

> Thanks for the info. Also, I suppose it'll be very useful to mention the
> settings needed at the "how-to-mirror" page.

that's a bit beyond me :-)

regards,

-jason