www-mirrors mailing list archives

From apache_org <apache_...@ciudad.com.ar>
Subject Re: Useless mirroring of www.apache.org ?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 02:25:01 GMT
Gorm Jorgensen wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> Am I the only one who thinks that mirroring www.apache.org is useless ?
> Why do you ask ?
>
> I have been mirroring apache for quite some time, but since someone changed
> the layout of www.apache.org I think my mirror is useless.
>
> When entering the site http://apache.area51.dk/ you will see "The Apache
> Software Foundation" homepage, then click on the link to "Apache Server"
> and you are sent to http://httpd.apache.org/ !!
>
> Why that ??? - the point of mirroring is to offload the main server, and
> now we are sending all people to the main server again.
>
> Is that ment to be ?, or will it change ?? If it don't then I'll stop
> mirroring, and save about 430.990MB diskspace. People are downloading from
> the main server anyway.
>
> PS: Apache is a damn good web server, please make the mirrors the same :)

Try clicking in one of the links that points to your own webserver(in
the mirror of course), and then
click the Apache Server, u must be redirected to your own mirror, not to
httpd.apache.org, that happens
only when u click Apache Server from the Mirror Home... try it... i was
thinking the same a few days ago
but now i'm realizing that isn't like that... try it...