www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Gorm Jorgensen <G...@Area51.DK>
Subject Re: [qmirror] Useless mirroring of www.apache.org ?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:03:51 GMT

> from what i can tell your script does..
>
> you mirror apache.
> you then get the httpd.html file
> you replace the existing index.html with this file
> you change pointers in this file to your local site.
>

> perhaps i misunderstood.. why not skip stpes 2 and 3 - just change pointers
> in the index file apache supply ?

The problem in the index file apache supply is that is is the Apache Foundation
homepage, and not the Apache server homepage.

My problem is that the httpd.html that apache used to supply is gone, what I do
is regenerating that file, and use it for my index.html

But you are right in that I could get the httpd.html and change the original
index.html to point locally.

--
Gorm Jorgensen - UB++++
http://www.area51.dk/