www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject some suggestions for apache mirrors
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 04:19:38 GMT

Hi,

a couple of suggestions/queries about the apache web server.

o can we please get the absolute line in index.html changed
  from:

  httpd.apache.org/

  to:

  /httpd.html

  all the apache mirrors have this file, so this way all the
  mirrors don't throw people back to apache.org.

o can we have a place on the main page with which we can
  indicate where it's being hosted ?  for example, i'd
  like to let people know that planetmirror.com is hosting
  the current apache mirror

o can we get rsync access to any/all of the following apache
  projects ?

  XML-Apache
  Jakarta
  Java-Apache
  mod_perl
  PHP
  Apache_TCL

  I am happy to run up a separate virtual server for each of
  these apache.org.  If they are run by people outside the
  `core' apache support area, even a name/contact email would
  be useful to approach them.

  i don't even know what some do - i can't access php.apache.org
  for example

regards,

-jason