www-mirrors mailing list archives

From James R Grinter <...@gbnet.net>
Subject Re: steps towards better mirroring
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:20:02 GMT
On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 06:10:06PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> One alternative that's been proposed is /dist/project/codebase/,

I don't know about the specifics of projects that you want to
split out, but...

Please don't change what the current rsync "/dist" points to: It's
currently 379MB or so of data and I'm sure many sites would not want to
be downloading it all again.

If you want to add new forms of collection (as I think you can
do with rdist in server mode) for other packages then do that such
that we can choose to mirror them and put them in suitable places
within our ftp sites.

James.