www-mirrors mailing list archives

From jason andrade <ja...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: [qmirror] Re: RSync Mirror Errors
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:49:01 GMT
On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Andreas M. Kirchwitz wrote:

>  > send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.Z.asc: Permission denied
>  > send_files failed to open dist/apache_2.0a9.tar.gz.asc: Permission denied
>
> Same errors here.
>
> One week until Christmas... maybe we should collect some money
> to buy a Unix book for the Apache developers and/or the administrators
> of the Rsync server, because those permission errors happen quite
> often. ;-)

cruel... but maybe a little true ;-)

there's been quite a bit of permissions problems over the last few months.

it's also a bit sad that now that apache has split servers up, there's no
way to mirror all of them and have a consistent web mirror.. i am noticing
that more people are going back to just using apache.org and less for mirror
use because of this.

-jason