www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: error during rsync - web page
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 06:42:15 GMT
On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 02:44:02PM -0700, Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> You guys (Ryan/Manoj) know why this is happening?
>
> "Henk P. Penning" <henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> >   -- something is wrong with directory 'bugs/shadow'.

/www/jakarta.apache.org/bugs/shadow is only readable by root and
nobody. rsync --server seems to be running as brian (though there are
other rsync processes running as nobody).

But are the mirrors supposed to be trying to mirror the bugdb CGIs?
I'd think that would be dangerous, because it would fragment the
bugdb.

> >   -- the 'skipping ...' lines have been there for a long time.
> >      Why are they 'non-regular' ?

They're symlinks. -l will allow rsyncing them over properly (though I
use -a, which preserves lots of other attributes as well).