www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Singly Bertrand de \(X1995\)" ...@frankiz.polytechnique.fr>
Subject Re: Apache mirror out of date.
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 08:27:46 GMT
> How it is supposed to save my bandwidth if no one knows about what am I
> doing?  As long as Apache doesn't want (for some reason) to advertise
> our mirrors, don't you think that this is a waste of time and bandwidth

don't say without a smiley that Apache doesn't want... Apache probably
(ask one of their members) doesn't want to keep supporting questions in
usenet forums about old versions, and probably thinks that a mirror which
is not daily refreshed won't save its bandwith (to know the latest version
I used to go on www.apache.org because I knew my french mirror was updated
monthly or so, if I'm sure of its freshness I won't go on apache site)

as far as I'm concerned I *do* think that mirroring is a very good thing,
since modem connections and low bandwiths are my daily life over the
Internet ;)

Bertrand