www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject clean your directories up...
Date Sat, 04 Jul 1998 18:19:09 GMT

It seems that some of you use mirroring programs that do not remove files
from the mirror when they are deleted from the source repository.  This is
a problem, and specifically a bigger problem with regards to the Win32
version of Apache.  We took down the Win32 build of Apache 1.3.0 as there
continue to be filename/pathname security problems with NT server
applications, and we wanted to wait until the dust had settled before
putting a new binary back up.  We continued to get redundant bug reports
about things, and it turns out it was because people were pulling the old
binary down from mirror sites.  Please, please PLEASE delete files if they
are no longer in the origin site.  Thank you.

	Brian

pure chewing satisfaction                                  brian@apache.org
                                                        brian@hyperreal.org