www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <rohrb...@nacamar.net>
Subject Re: tar.Z files
Date Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:08:25 GMT
mostly the people with payware(tm) un*x systems stick to .Z since their
boss would kill'em if they would use 'proprietary compression such as
gzip' (quote from one of our customers).

/k

--
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile." -- Karl Lehenbauer
http://www.nacamar.de - http://www.nacamar.net - http://www.webmonster.de