www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Hank Hughes <thig...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject Re: some updates
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:40:26 GMT

	Yikes, holy mail wars!

	How about the PERL/CPAN methodology?

	The mirror sites point all pivotal sections to *.cgi scripts
	back to the mother ship: apache.org.  then send "appropriate"
	info back to the requestor looking for the closer node.

	For instance, list.cgi does not have to be mirrored but the
	documentation/src that are mirrored should point to apache.org's
	list.cgi. I'm probably not making any sense without sleep. So,
	take a look at the way PERL/CPAN handles it's mirror:

	ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/

	and our mirror which contians links that are requests for
	"directions" from it's home site.

	ftp.ccs.neu.edu/net/mirrors/ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/

	Sleeep,
	-Hank