www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Welcome to the Apache Mirror Maintainers mailing list
Date Thu, 03 Apr 1997 13:26:30 GMT

According to my records, you have all at one point or another set up a mirror
site for www.apache.org, referenced by the apache home page.  If this is
incorrect, please let me know by private email and I will remove you from this
list, and the mirror site I had associated with you.

There has been a varying degree of quality amongst mirror sites, so I wanted to
start a forum for discussion of how to improve that quality, and how to look
forward to better mirroring protocols than FTP.

You are not required to be subscribed to this list if you host a mirror of the
Apache site, but you may find mirroring decisions made without you, and any
mirror which falls below standards we collectively set together here will be
removed from the Apache front page.

I absolutely appreciate that almost all of you, 66 to be precise, have set up
the mirror as a public benefit.  The last thing I want is for this to be a
high-volume mailing list which eats away at your time.

In a day or so (after bounces are cleared out and/or new people join) I'll
start the discussion on integrity insurance and new content distribution
possibilities.

Appended is the current roster.  Let me know if there should be any changes.
the words "unsubscribe mirrors" in the body of the message.

Thanks.

	Brian

gabriel@infoap.com.ar
sprinzl@edvz.tuwien.ac.at