www-marketing mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Apache Libcloud "road to 1.0"
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:31:55 GMT
(Note mixed private/public mailing lists)

Yay libcloud!  Sounds like some awesome energy here.

- You should ask on the privately-archived trademarks@apache.org for
permissions to use the ASF feather logo (note also: we have a brand new
feather now: http://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/ )

In general if this is the PMC producing goods to give away for free, use
is allowed as long as Apache logos aren't combined with other corporate
logos.  Making a libcloud logo shirt with a listing of all your
contributors would be awesome - since they are the people who have built
the software, they certainly can have their names there.  8-)

- The ASF is a public charity, so we have to be careful with our
expenses, but there have been cases where we've provided some funding
for specific project items - hopefully someone else here will speak up
about that.

If you can get another company to pay for the items, that's fine too
from the ASF's point of view, as long as logos aren't combined.  These
should be giveaways promoting libcloud and your community, not some
other company.

- I strongly recommend including private@libcloud (or dev@libcloud) when
discussing this.  That ensures everyone knows the whole PMC is aware of
what's happening.

- Shane