www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Broken links
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2019 17:19:43 GMT
Gavin,

On 11/6/19 09:56, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Yup, works for me too.
>
> Maybe those with https everywhere plugins etc might have issues going to
> the http only url, but
> we do have the https url in place also, it just doesn't redirect needlessly.

I'd argue that redirection to https is important.

Without HTTPS, content can be altered by a privileged intermediary.
Suddenly, AL 2.0 has an extra clause or two in it when you view from
certain hostile nation-states. Maybe a crypto-currency miner is thrown
into the mix for good measure. Apache is as good of a target as any out
on the internet.

Sounds silly, but it can and will be done.

-chris