www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legal Header in Unreleased Code
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2019 09:50:59 GMT
This discussion is about code that to be about code that in a public
repo, but which is currently unreleased.
If the code will never be released, is there any reason to require the
license header?

It might be desirable, but is it required?

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 10:44, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Personally I don't think it should be a release blocker if a file is lacking a license
header;

> Nor would I and have voted +1 on many many release with a few missing headers. Now if
all the files were missing headers then I probably wouldn’t vote +1. I’m not really aware
of the context here, perhaps that would help?