www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Hen <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about Apache license version 2.0
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 06:19:02 GMT
The Apache 2.0 license always applies to the work provided by the licensor;
so yes you have to redistribute an unmodified work under the license. This
is not my understanding of the definition of a copyleft license; so I agree
with your understanding that Apache-2.0 is non-copyleft.

My understanding of the sublicense term is that you can add additional
conditions as a part of a larger work; similar to my understanding of the
term in the MIT license.

Thank you for the question. This may be a ripe area for us to publish a FAQ
:)

Hen