www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@codecentric.de>
Subject Re: Reverse engineering ... allowed or forbidden?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 07:50:37 GMT
Hi,

Just for clarification. I didn't look at any code.
There wasn't even any information available at all.

What I did, was:
I hooked my network dumper to an existing device. Looked at the hex dumps
(about 300000-500000 packets) drew conclusions from patterns I saw, checked
them via little Java programs I wrote and did a lot of talking with people
who built the factory setup.

So from a copyright perspective we should be completely safe.

And yes: the code I'm taking about is completely separate. (Test code in
the dedicated DeltaV module)

Chris