www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: PyPI MXNet
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2019 08:21:29 GMT
Hi,

Just as an aside I think we do need guidance on PyPi (and the IPMC is slowly working on that).,
from this thread i’d guess Marvin might have something to say about that. :-)  At least
one top level project uses it as the main form of distribution that I know of and serval incubating
project do. It's where users expect to get Python code. I believe projects are also placing
source releases there as well. We’ve have one incident were a podling made 100+ “releases”
there without making an Apache release and while we may hand wave and say that really a 3rd
party doing that IMO it's not in the spirt of how an Apache projects should work.

Thanks,
Justin