www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: PyPI MXNet
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2019 02:49:43 GMT
Justin Mclean wrote on Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 07:40:44 +1100:
> In other cases podling find they moved their repos too early to the ASF or
> the process takes too long and can’t make an ASF release and so feel they
> need to make unofficial releases on these platforms. [3]

When Subversion joined ASF, it had a policy of supporting two minor lines in
parallel, so for a while the community supported by 1.6 and 1.7, even though
1.7 was Apache branded and 1.6 was pre-Apache.  I'd have to check the dates in
the CHANGES file to be sure but I expect we made 1.6.x releases even after the
first Apache GA release, 1.7.0.