www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APACHE LICENCE QUESTION
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 20:14:04 GMT
Thanks, Dave, I’ll let others comment more, but my understanding is that including a copy
of the LICENSE
along with the font installation location are the only things I think Patricia has to do.

I’ll let others chime in.

Sincerely,

Chris

From: Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 12:10 PM
To: <legal-discuss@apache.org>
Subject: Fwd: APACHE LICENCE QUESTION

Begin forwarded message:

From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>

Date: February 6, 2018 at 8:53:35 AM PST

To: trademarks@apache.org

Another one ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrícia Henriques <patricia.henriques@ivocutelarias.com>
Date: 6 February 2018 at 09:24
Subject: APACHE LICENCE QUESTION
To: "secretary@apache.org" <secretary@apache.org>

Good morning.

I am a representative of marketing and communications department from the company IVO Cutelarias,
lda – a knives manufacturer company in Portugal.

As I am redefining the Brand Guideline Manual, I would like to know what do I have to do in
order to be able to use an Apache Licenced Font in the company, for logo, packaging copy,
and institutional printed communications such as stationary, flyers, catalogues,…

I got confused. 1st I thought I didn’t had to sign anything in order to use the font but
after multiple readings I just don’t know what do I have to do.

Does the company has to sign the Apache Licence Agreement you present here, or don’t? http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf

Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Patrícia Henriques

Marketing & Comunicação | Marketing & Communications

E/ patricia.henriques@ivocutelarias.com

            IVO Cutelarias, Lda.Estrada Nacional 360, 202500-770 Santa Catarina CLD  |  PORTUGALT/
+351 262 925 340 E/ ivocutelarias@ivocutelarias.com    GPS   39º 44´ 56.97 N  -9º 01´
55.87 W
      www.ivocutelarias.com

       A Marca dos Profissionais …desde 1954 | The Brand of Professionals …since 1954.

P Este e-mail é amigo do ambiente, pondere antes de o imprimir. \ This e-mail is environmentally
friendly, consider before printing it.

AVISO Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação confidencial para
uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário pretendido, não deverá usar,
distribuir ou copiar este e-mail. Se recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o
emissor e elimine-a imediatamente. Obrigado.

DISCLAIMER This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential information for
exclusive use of its recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute
or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and
delete it immediately. Thank You.