www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Hen <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Royale Website Preview
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2017 19:46:41 GMT
My thoughts (not specifically legal, more a mix of policies) are:

1) Similar to Niclas; your primary website content should be hosted on
apache.org. If wordpress.com is down, royale.apache.org should still run.
2) I assume we don't care about you using GPL'd components (JS/CSS from
either WP or WP plugins) on your project website(?).
3) One approach would be to use WP as your CMS, and then have a publish
script that pulls from the WP site to @apache.org.
4) Talking about CMS' does raise the question of where your website source
will be stored (ie: can you roll back the website), and how you'll handle N
people editing the website at the same time (not sure what the WP support
is there).
5) No advertising on the website. My memory of WP is that the free accounts
had advertising.

Hen