www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe ...@oflebbe.de>
Subject Re: Replacing CLA with DCO+ALv2
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 04:57:44 GMT
Hi

I doubt that a DCO makes a valid legal document at least for german, since a signature has
to be done by hand or has to be a digitally signature.

a somewhat weak point: for apache the committer has to check that the contributor is not forged
and has signed an icla. with dco in place the committer has to check the whole signoff chain
whether it is actually genuine, since it may contain other contributors as well which may
be forged by the contributor.
anyone can add a signoff oflebbe@apache.org without my consent.

Does a submission of a dev with a company email address in sign-off has the same legal binding
as a CCLA signed by an company official ? sorry, i doubt this as well.

olaf