www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Limit Apache license to non-commercial use
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 18:39:13 GMT
Hi -

I’m not a lawyer and you should seek advice from one.

More information always helps and rather than inventing your own license by modifying the
Apache License 2.0 you may want to check if one of the licenses approved by the Open Source
Initiative meets your needs - https://opensource.org/licenses

Regards,
Dave

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 7:56 AM, Yifei Zheng <yifeizheng43@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much then. So I'm allowed to modify the license. But does the modified
license count as Derivative Work? Is adding a note like "This license is based on Apache Version
2.0." okay, or necessary? I mean, to not abuse "Apache", nor violating the rule for preparing
derivative works.