www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: legal opinion on collecting usage statistics
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:26:43 GMT
Hi Chris,

That's what I figured.  Maybe the Ignite folks can do something similar.  Have the Ignite
runtime hit a URL on ignite.a.o and use Google Analytics.  They would probably have to put
some sort of warning in the user's face first though.  Is the requirements of notifying users
of Google Analytics usage under the jurisdiction of this list?

-Alex

From: Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org<mailto:mattmann@apache.org>>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 3:28 AM
To: "legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>" <legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>>
Subject: Re: legal opinion on collecting usage statistics

Hi Alex,

The data being stored on Google’s servers there is key…they are taking on the responsibility
for
it in that case…

Cheers,
Chris

From: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com.INVALID<mailto:aharui@adobe.com.INVALID>>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 1:05 AM
To: "legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>" <legal-discuss@apache.org<mailto:legal-discuss@apache.org>>

FWIW, the Apache Flex Installer hits a url on flex.a.o.  We use google analytics on our site
to answer pretty much the same questions.  The Installer has a notice on the main screen that
describes what we collect.  We worked this out with our mentors during incubation.  I think
the data is stored on Google's servers.

HTH,
-Alex