www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Qiang Kou <q...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Including GPL header files in optional features
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:22:11 GMT
Hi, Ted,

Thank you for the kind reply, I should be more clear on our situation.

The ifdef method doesn't seem to work in our case.

In our case, the optional feature is an R package:
https://github.com/dmlc/mxnet/tree/master/R-package

The R package heavily relies on the Rcpp, which is licensed under GPL >= 2.

We want to know if we can keep the R package in our repo since it is
optional and won't be in the release.

Thanks,

Qiang Kou