www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ran Ziv <...@gigaspaces.com>
Subject Re: A few questions about creating a release
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:39:00 GMT
Ok, so according to your answers, it seems like:

re (2), we'll manually insert the LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files into
the wheel archive (binary distribution).
re (3), we'll go with "apache-ariatosca".

I'm still not 100% clear about (1) though. To my understanding:
  a) "--version" output should have an "-incubator" suffix.
  b) PyPI files (source and binary distribution archives) do not need to
have the "-incubator" suffix, as that would require users to change their
dependency when the project graduates.
  c) The canonical releases (those on apache.org/dist) should have the
"-incubator" suffix.

Will that suffice?

Thanks,
Ran