www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JRuby bundling LGPL prior to version 9.1.9.0
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 12:07:30 GMT
The Jon was very different. The json.org license has a field of use
constraint that is probably unenforceable. It is still a problem because
some downstream users can't have jokes in licenses.

LGPL, in contrast, is a real license with real issues relative to
downstream use. That is much more serious.