www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: software licensing restrictions in using Apache software in a public cloud environment
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 22:37:19 GMT
On 09/05/17 15:47, Neil Murphy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please could your group confirm if there any software licensing
> restrictions in using Apache software in a public cloud environment?
> Specifically on AWS servers?

This list can't provide legal advice. For a definitive opinion you will
need to seek advice from your own legal advisors.

The following is my personal opinion, not an official statement on
behalf of the ASF.

You are free to use any software licensed under the Apache License v2 in
any environment you like. The Apache License v2 places no restrictions
on the end user based on where you run the software.

Mark