www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: "Modified Apache 2.0 License"
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 01:50:56 GMT
(legal-discuss@ -> bcc; to: =+ trademarks@)

Roman Shaposhnik wrote on 5/19/17 1:16 PM:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:34 AM, Mark Struberg
> <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
>> Imo it should not call itself Modified Apache 2.0 License. It should not contain
the term "Apache" in the license name at all.

> I'm ambivalent on this, but any rate it ain't a legal issue -- it is a (tm) one.
>
> Hence this question should go to Shane.

Please - use the appropriate *list*, especially the week many of us are
traveling back from ApacheCon.  That way all the relevant people can see
it, and any discussion and resolution gets into the archive.

Any trademarks questions should go to trademarks@apache.org, which is
privately archived and read by the Brand Committee as well as other members.

Thanks,
- Shane
--

- Shane (going to sleep... v. long day)