www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: "Modified Apache 2.0 License"
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 17:58:58 GMT
Roman Shaposhnik wrote on Fri, 19 May 2017 10:16 -0700:
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:34 AM, Mark Struberg
> <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
> > Imo it should not call itself Modified Apache 2.0 License. It should not contain
the term "Apache" in the license name at all.

> I'm ambivalent on this, but any rate it ain't a legal issue -- it is a (tm) one.

Almost makes one want to license the ALv2 under the Artistic License, doesn't it?

[[[
    c) give non-standard executables non-standard names, and clearly
    document the differences in manual pages (or equivalent), together
    with instructions on where to get the Standard Version.
]]]