www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expanding release-policy#compiled-packages for artifact repositories
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 14:51:47 GMT
On Apr 18, 2017 09:42, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi,

"Once the compiled package(s) have been created, projects may publish these
packages to appropriate artifact repositories.  Apache provides direct
access to publish artifacts via Maven Central.  Projects may publish
released build artifacts directly to npm, pypi, rubygems, etc.  PMCs may
also request access, via infra[link to https://www.apache.org/dev/
infra-contact], to our Bintray Organization for additional hosting options.”

Perhaps change "released build artifacts” to “voted on released artefacts”?
I know they are the same thing but just to make it clear that only offical
releases can be placed in these places.

Fine by me.  One point, we do allow publishing to the internal Nexus repo
for maven snapshots.

Thanks,
Justin