www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Metron (incubating) - licensing question
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:01:15 GMT
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Zeolla@GMail.com <zeolla@gmail.com> wrote:

> Questions
> 1. Is it valid to assume that, as Casey mentioned, these are two separate
> plugins and we can simply make modifications to our code base to resolve the
> current multithreading issue?
> 2a. If we do 1, will this require a line in our LICENSE file as a derivative
> work, or anything else?
> 2b. If we cannot do 1, what are our options?

I think your best option is to approach the various authors ("Nick",
as quoted by Casey, Github user "nickwallen" (possibly the same), and
may be others, and ask them politely to contribute their code, or the
changes to Metron. This could be done, for example, by a post on the
dev-Mailing list, or by uploading a patch file to a Jira issue.
(Whatever, it should be trackable.) If you have such a statement, then
all should be clean.

Jochen