www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it OK to remove MIT header in this case?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:01:38 GMT
Correct. If the copyright holder is contributing the file to the ASF, then
we *ask* them to remove any licensing header. I think we don't mind if they
leave a copyright line in there. And then we prepend the whole thing with
our standard license header.

In this case, the patch should prepend the Apache header, and leave any
copyright and MIT license in there.

If the file is still considered "third party", rather than sitting in our
source control ... then don't touch the headers.

All of this detailed here:
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party and elsewhere on the
page.

Cheers,