www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Doster not honoring a transfer request: Help?
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2017 01:17:46 GMT
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> I wonder if someone with some legal chops would be willing to help out here:

> Short version - someone is trying to donate a domain name to us -
> modssl.org/net - and Doster is refusing to do it, in spite of all of the
> various processes having been followed.
>
> Justin has asked that ASF Legal get involved, and I have no idea what we
> can realistically do here, or who would be able to do it.
>
> Help?

What "legal" action does OpenSRS want us to take before they'll step
in? If the "Vice President of Legal Affairs" title can help, I'm game
to send email. But I speculate that they're looking for something more
formal.

This seems like vanilla Dotster tech support hell, and I'm not sure
how to escape. Does anybody have a contact at Dotster?

This is only reaching legal because of failures on the tech side; it's
not an inherently legal problem.

Marvin Humphrey