www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Non OSI approved licenses
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2017 23:51:08 GMT
One thing I was just reminded about by Henri Yandell is that OSI is now
occasionally approving new licenses, after years of hold the fort against
license proliferation.

Certainly, no one want a return to gobs and gobs of vanity license but
it does make sense that if there ARE licenses that may be important
to the ASF and their projects, that people ask OSI to consider these
licenses for approval.

I don't think we should have such actions as an official action by
the ASF, but if PMCs think it is important enough, and they also
agree w/ the idea that their projects should only be dependent on
OSI approved licenses, then it's an option.