www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Non OSI approved licenses
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2017 16:10:16 GMT
The Apache 2.0 license was not an OSI approved license until someone at OSI decided to approve
it.

We don't rely on other organizations to tell us what we can or cannot redistribute under our
license. We don't need to rely on other organizations to tell us what can be subsumed by our
license.

If this is a problem for you, then change the OSI policies regarding approving the special
case licenses that others use.

....Roy

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 6:07 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 28, 2017, at 8:55 AM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 28, 2017, 08:08 Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>> For me, I worry that use of these licenses will undermine the argument I've made
to my employer to stick with the set of widely recognized ones for our own open source software.