www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Expanding release-policy#compiled-packages for artifact repositories
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 13:42:36 GMT
Hi,

> "Once the compiled package(s) have been created, projects may publish these packages
to appropriate artifact repositories.  Apache provides direct access to publish artifacts
via Maven Central.  Projects may publish released build artifacts directly to npm, pypi, rubygems,
etc.  PMCs may also request access, via infra[link to https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact
<https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact>], to our Bintray Organization for additional
hosting options.”

Perhaps change "released build artifacts” to “voted on released artefacts”? I know they
are the same thing but just to make it clear that only offical releases can be placed in these
places.

Thanks,
Justin