www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LEGAL-289
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:38:39 GMT
I'll point out that the issue was closed with this comment
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-289?focusedCommentId=15858441&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15858441
-
however it was marked as won't fix, so..

I added the comment about checking on the license status after it was
closed.  I have not received a response, however I also figured it would be
unlikely that I get a response.

Reading through the license, I think we should start over on analysis, and
come up with something.  I agree with the initial notes about BSD-ish, but
as mentioned its seemingly written in layman's terms so its not that easy
to confirm.

my 0.005

John