www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Training models for OpenNLP on the OntoNotes corpus
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 06:07:02 GMT
The license says:

    "In the event that User's use of the LDC Databases results in the
development of a commercial product, User must join...pay fees...".

While I don't think LDC have necessarily considered Apache's use of their
product, and the license text doesn't appear to be considering a situation
where the two User definitions are different individuals (ie: Apache the
first, our users the second); I don't think it's clear that LDC are in
favour of our using their product and you should contact them to get
clarification that we can use their product to develop an Apache 2.0
licensed product which may subsequently be used in our user's commercial
products.

Hen