www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Duane Pauls <duane.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject CLA Guidance
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:56:33 GMT
Myself and a couple of colleagues are planning to contribute to an ActiveMQ
subproject, as described here:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Rework-NMS-AMQP-tp4721986.html

Since this is a considerable effort, it's been suggested in the thread
above that those involved should have a CLA on file, even though at the
moment we are not committers.  Without committer status, our methodology
for contributing would be to make changes in our own workspaces, then
submit patches or pull requests to the community to commit.

Does it make sense for those involved with this project to submit CLA's?

If so, is there any guidance as to whether individual
<https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt> or corporate
<https://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt> CLA's should be used?
Or would it be that both individual and corporate CLA's are required?

Cheers,
Duane