www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: LEGAL-289
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 18:59:05 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 3:38 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> I'll point out that the issue was closed with this comment
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-289?focusedCommentId=15858441&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15858441
> - however it was marked as won't fix, so..
>
> I added the comment about checking on the license status after it was
> closed.

Ah! That makes sense.

> I have not received a response, however I also figured it would be
> unlikely that I get a response.
>
> Reading through the license, I think we should start over on analysis, and
> come up with something.  I agree with the initial notes about BSD-ish, but
> as mentioned its seemingly written in layman's terms so its not that easy to
> confirm.

What's the process for this? Do we need to wait for a new VP Legal to be
appointed? From where I stand, Roy's comment (as usual) is the answer:
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-289?focusedCommentId=15858365&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15858365

But at the same time I also respect Jim's opinion and others who chimed in.
I also, obviously, have my own opinion (stated on a JIRA).

Obviously some of this opinions are in conflict. How do we arrive at a
resolution?

Thanks,
Roman.