www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Looking for VP Legal
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 21:48:36 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote on 2/8/17 3:23 PM:
> If you are interested in throwing your hat in as the new
> VP Legal Affairs, please let the board know. I have asked
> them to appoint/assign a replacement at this month's board
> meeting.
>
> Cheers!

For some context, VP Legal serves on the Legal Affairs Committee, which
is appointed by the board, and is responsible for defining ASF policy
around licenses and other legal matters, as well as working with counsel
on retainer.

The position reports to the board on a monthly basis, and past reports
have some interesting history if you're into that sort of stuff:

  https://whimsy.apache.org/board/minutes/Legal_Affairs.html

Apache projects needing *specific* legal answers to questions for their
project work should open a JIRA as noted in the legal page:

  https://www.apache.org/legal/#communications

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources