www-legal-discuss mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IP clearance template says MPL is OK?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 05:12:24 GMT
Wow - thanks Luis :)

That does seem very dated. An older version, btw, said 'all source code'
rather than 'all items'.

Given it's saying 'depending upon', MPL wouldn't be off the list as the
Category B grouping would apply too. It's also an odd item as the previous
item of "Check and make sure that for all items included with the
distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right to
combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute." covers a large amount
of the same concept.

Perhaps a:  "Check and make sure that all items depended upon by the
project are compatible with the license guidance given here:
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html"

I'll follow up with the Incubator list.

Thanks again,

Hen